Personal information we collect
When you visit the Site, we automatically collect certain information about your device, including information about your web browser, IP address, time zone, and some of the cookies that are installed on your device. Additionally, as you browse the Site, we collect information about the individual web pages or products that you view, what websites or search terms referred you to the Site, and information about how you interact with the Site. We refer to this automatically-collected information as “Device Information”.
We collect Device Information using the following technologies:
- “Cookies” are data files that are placed on your device or computer and often include an anonymous unique identifier. For more information about cookies, and how to disable cookies, visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org.
- “Log files” track actions occurring on the Site, and collect data including your IP address, browser type, Internet service provider, referring/exit pages, and date/time stamps.
- “Web beacons”, “tags”, and “pixels” are electronic files used to record information about how you browse the Site.
Additionally when you make a purchase or attempt to make a purchase through the Site, we collect certain information from you, including your name, billing address, shipping address, payment information (including credit card numbers), email address, and phone number. We refer to this information as “Order Information”.
Information You Provide to Us
The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our Website, registering for an account, saving favorite products or creating projects, subscribing to our marketing emails, subscribing to our online services, or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with our Website or a problem with a product.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our Website, such as purchasing or ordering products, and of the fulfillment of your orders. You may be required to provide financial information, such as your payment card information, before placing an order through our Website.
- Your search queries and page visits on the Website
How do we use your personal information?
We use the Order Information that we collect generally to fulfill any orders placed through the Site (including processing your payment information, arranging for shipping, and providing you with invoices and/or order confirmations). Additionally, we use this Order Information to:
- Communicate with you;
- Screen our orders for potential risk or fraud; and
- When in line with the preferences you have shared with us, provide you with information or advertising relating to our products or services.
- To notify you about changes to our Website or our policies or any products or services we offer or provide.
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our Website.
- For marketing or advertising purposes.
- To help maintain, improve, or troubleshoot the Website or perform analytics.
- For our legitimate business purposes, to the extent permitted by law.
We use the Device Information that we collect to help us screen for potential risk and fraud (in particular, your IP address), and more generally to improve and optimize our Site (for example, by generating analytics about how our customers browse and interact with the Site, and to assess the success of our marketing and advertising campaigns).
Sharing you personal Information
We share your Personal Information with third parties to help us use your Personal Information, as described above. For example, we use Shopify to power our online store--you can read more about how Shopify uses your Personal Information here: https://www.shopify.com/legal/privacy. We also use Google Analytics to help us understand how our customers use the Site -- you can read more about how Google uses your Personal Information here:
- To our subsidiaries, affiliates, and other members of our corporate family.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business, including advertising partners or credit bureaus in the event of account defaults.
- In the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Tile Club’s assets or business lines, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Tile Club about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- Finally, we may also share your Personal Information to comply with applicable laws and regulations, to respond to a subpoena, search warrant or other lawful request for information we receive, or to otherwise protect our rights.
As described above, we use your Personal Information to provide you with targeted advertisements or marketing communications we believe may be of interest to you. For more information about how targeted advertising works, you can visit the Network Advertising Initiative’s (“NAI”) educational page at http://www.networkadvertising.org/understanding-online-advertising/how-does-it-work.
You can opt out of targeted advertising by using the links below:
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
- Google: https://adssettings.google.com/
- Bing: https://about.ads.microsoft.com/en-us/resources/policies/personalized-ads
Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Do not track
Please note that we do not alter our Site’s data collection and use practices when we see a Do Not Track signal from your browser.
If you are a European resident, you have the right to access personal information we hold about you and to ask that your personal information be corrected, updated, or deleted. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us through the contact information below.
Additionally, if you are a European resident we note that we are processing your information in order to fulfill contracts we might have with you (for example if you make an order through the Site), or otherwise to pursue our legitimate business interests listed above. Additionally, please note that your information will be transferred outside of Europe, including to Canada and the United States.
When you place an order through the Site, we will maintain your Order Information for our records unless and until you ask us to delete this information.
The Website may contain links to or links from third-party websites that are not owned or controlled by us. We have no control over the content, privacy policies, or practices of any-third party website. You are subject to the policies of those third-party websites where applicable. We encourage you to review the privacy policies of these third-party websites before you disclose your personal information.
Third-Party Data Collection
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions about an advertisement or other targeted content, you should contact the responsible provider directly. Some of these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used for targeted advertising. For example, some of these third parties may be members of the Network Advertising Initiative ("NAI") or the Digital Advertising Alliance ("DAA"), which provide a single location where you can opt out of certain types of data collection and use or out of receiving targeted ads from member companies. To opt out, visit www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp or www.aboutads.info.
The Website uses Google Analytics to monitor and analyze the use of the Website, and Google may share this data with other Google services. We have enabled Google Analytics Advertising features so Google may use the data collected to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising networks. This Website and third parties, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize, and serve ads based on past visits to our Website and report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to this Website. You can learn more about Google’s privacy practices by visiting their website at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners/.
The Site is not intended for individuals under the age of 13.
Our Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age. No one under age 13 may provide any personal information to or on the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 1. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information on this Website or on or through any of its features/register on the Website, make any purchases through the Website, use any of the interactive or public comment features of this Website or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com
By providing my number and/or email, I electronically agree, that Firepush on behalf of Tile Club may use automated means to send recurring mobile messages/emails. Additional mobile messages/emails may be sent periodically based on your interactions with us. Not more than 5 SMS messages or emails per week. MSG & data rates may apply. Reply STOP to unsubscribe. Text HELP for help. Alternatively, click the unsubscribe URL provided to unsubscribe.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Website that are California residents to request certain information once per calendar year regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- That we disclose:
- The categories of personal information that we have collected about you;
- The categories of personal information that we have sold to third parties or disclosed for a business purpose;
- The categories of sources from which your personal information was collected;
- The business or commercial purpose for collecting or selling your personal information;
- The categories of third parties we have sold personal information to and the categories of personal information sold to each third party; and
- The specific pieces of personal information we have collected about you.
- That we delete your personal information.
- That we cease any sales of your personal information.
Please note that these rights are subject to a number of exceptions. For example, we are not required to delete your personal information to the extent that it is required to provide you with the Service or to identify and repair errors to the Service.
To request to exercise your rights, please contact us using one of the following methods:
Email us at email@example.com
For more information about our privacy practices, if you have questions, or if you would like to make a complaint, please contact us by e‑mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail using the details provided below:
2700 Mission College Blvd Suite 140 #246
Santa Clara, CA 95054